Sunday, April 1, 2007

Migrated blog

So I proved to myself that I could write a blog engine. Fine.

What about atom feeds and entries from mobiles? Well, I got the former up and running but with a few bugs, but I realized the latter would prove a bit problematic...

But why reinvent the wheel (more than one time)? There are plenty of blog services already out there with excellent cell-to-blog functionality (e.g. Google's Blogger). Only problem is, I would really like to have the blog on my homepage, and not theirs. And with my style/CSS...

The solution? PHP xml parser. Beautiful little token driven thing. 4 hours later and my blog now draws from

the Blogger database as opposed to my own. A small step for Marcus Westin Blog, but a big step for the author. Soon to come: entries on the run, i.e. from my cellie.

after 4 hours of programming...

No comments: